Do you need meaningful resources for teaching 1st grade addition and subtraction word problems? These 1st grade small group lesson plans will help you teach students all about solving word problems and contextual problems within 20! These math centers 1st grade no prep games and worksheets will leave your students begging for more math time!
This addition and subtraction word problems resource includes math center games, activities, and lessons that are differentiated to teach your students exactly what they need to know in order to master the 1st grade common core math standards 1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6 in no time! Plus, you can differentiate for all of your students with these math centers 1st grade NO PREP resources!
Included with these 1st grade math lessons:
- 10 lesson plans
- Differentiated student work mats
- Answer Keys
- Differentiated independent practice pages
- Games with each lesson
- Questions to ask during lessons
- Challenges at the end of each lesson
- Differentiated word problems to use in each lesson
You can use this pack of 1st grade math lessons to help you teach addition and subtraction word problems with 20 to your students. Use them during math lessons during small group time and then spiral review them in the morning! The practice pages can be used as homework, morning work, centers, or as pre and post assessment.
❤️Your students will LOVE using the math center games! Plus, they will gain a deeper understanding of word problems from the independent worksheets and practice pages that they can complete after the small group table to show what they know.
❤️Reasons to LOVE these 1st grade math center games and lessons!❤️
- They are differentiated! There are differentiated work mats, equation cards, independent practice pages and much more for 3 levels of groups.
- They are meant to be ink friendly and very low prep! Almost every page in these lessons can be printed on color paper or even just plain white paper to save on ink.
- They are teacher friendly! Prep consists of printing the lesson plan, work mats front to back for each group, and games. Use dry erase pocket sleeves with the work mats and laminate the games and then save these materials to use year after year!
1st grade math lessons include:
⭐️Add To Change Unknown Day 1
⭐️Add To Change Unknown Day 2
⭐️Take From Change Unknown Day 1
⭐️Take From Change Unknown Day 2
⭐️Put Together/Take Apart Addend Unknown Day 1
⭐️Put Together/Take Apart Addend Unknown Day 2
⭐️Compare/Difference Unknown How Many More
⭐️Compare/Difference Unknown How Many Fewer
⭐️Compare Bigger Unknown Version With More
⭐️Compare Bigger Unknown Version With Fewer
✅Check out the preview for a closer look at these math centers 1st grade no prep resources and lesson!
✅ Try a free lesson from unit 1 here!
Want more information about these guided math lessons?
You may also like:
- Unit 1: Addition and Subtraction Strategies (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA. A. 6)
- Unit 2: The Equal Sign & Balancing Equations (1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.D.7, 1.OA.D.8)
- Unit 3 Missing Addends & Related Facts (1.OA.B.4, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6)
- Unit 4 Measurement/Ordering and Comparing Lengths (1.MD.A.1, 1.MD.A.2)
- Unit 5 Word Problems(1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6, 1.OA.D.8)
- Unit 6 Adding 3 Numbers (1.OA.A.2, 1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.6)
- Unit 7 Telling and Writing Time to the Hour and Half Hour (1.MD.B.3)
- Unit 8 – Graphing (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.6, 1.MD.C.4)
- Unit 9 Using Place Value to Read, Write, Represent, and Compare Numbers (1.NBT.B.2., 1.NBT.B.3)
- Unit 10 Adding Multiples of Ten (1.NBT.A.1, 1.NBT.C.4)
- Unit 11 Using Place Value to Add and Subtract Within 100 (1.NBT.C.4, 1.NBT.C.5, 1.NBT.C.6)
- Unit 12 Counting Coins
- Shapes and their Attributes (1.G.A.1, 1.G.A.2)
- Fractions/Partitioning Shapes (1.G.A.3)
- Year Long Bundle❤️
Connect with me: