Make your life easier with these fun and engaging 1st grade math lessons for teaching partitioning shapes and fractions! These 1st grade math small group activities and lesson plans will help you teach your students all about partitioning shapes and partitioning fractions. Your students will be begging you for more math time!
This 1st grade partitioning fractions and shapes resource includes activities, games, and lessons that are differentiated to teach your students exactly what they need to know in order to master partitioning shapes (1.GA.3). These math lessons and math activities are differentiated to teach your students in a fun and engaging way!
What is included with these 1st grade Partitioning Shapes resources?
- Daily lesson plans
- Differentiated two-sided work mats
- Differentiated independent practice pages
- Questions to ask during lessons
- Challenge Extensions
- Differentiated word problems
- Answer Keys
You can use this pack of 1st grade math lessons to help you teach partitioning shapes and partitioning fractions. Use them during math lessons during small group time and then spiral review them in the morning! The practice pages can be used as homework, morning work, centers, or as pre and post assessment.
❤️Your students will LOVE using the games in small group math lessons or math centers. Plus, they will gain a deeper understanding of fractions and partitioning shapes from the independent worksheets and practice pages that they can complete after the small group table to show what they know.
❤️Reasons to LOVE these 1st grade math lessons!❤️
- They are differentiated! There are differentiated work mats, equation cards, independent practice pages and much more for 3 levels of groups.
- They are meant to be ink friendly and very low prep! Almost every page in these lessons can be printed on color paper or even just plain white paper to save on ink.
- They are teacher friendly! Prep consists of printing the lesson plan, work mats front to back for each group, and games. Use dry erase pocket sleeves with the work mats and laminate the games and then save these materials to use year after year!
Math Lessons Included:
⭐️Write and Read Fractions
✅Check out the preview for a closer look at the 1st grade math small group activities and lessons that are included.
✅ Try a free lesson from unit 1 here!
What are teachers saying about these 1st grade math small group activities and lessons?
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “When this says time saving that is exactly what it means! I have never seen a resource that contains so much for one lesson. My principal was amazed when she came for my observation and saw the amount of differentiation that was going on in my groups. Some days my lower levels don’t make it through the main part of the lesson while my higher groups fly through. This packet provides ample resources for those higher level students to keep them learning for their entire guided math time while also providing simpler versions of the lesson for those struggling.” – Christy 1st grade teacher TN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “WOW is all I can say! These units are jam packed full of activities in each lesson to keep my students learning during our guided math time. For years, I have searched for lessons that would meet all of my students’ needs and this does just that. From challenges to independent practice pages all of my different levels of learners are covered.” – Amy 1st grade teacher from FL
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These guided math lessons have saved me endless hours of working after school to plan for my guided math groups. It is ALL done for you. I made a few trips to the copy machine and was ready to teach. No planning or prep on my end! Thank you for helping me get back some of my personal time.” – Sarah 1st grade teacher GA
Want more information about these guided math lessons?
You may also like:
- Unit 1: Addition and Subtraction Strategies (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA. A. 6)
- Unit 2: The Equal Sign & Balancing Equations (1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.D.7, 1.OA.D.8)
- Unit 3 Missing Addends & Related Facts (1.OA.B.4, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6)
- Unit 4 Measurement/Ordering and Comparing Lengths (1.MD.A.1, 1.MD.A.2)
- Unit 5 Word Problems(1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6, 1.OA.D.8)
- Unit 6 Adding 3 Numbers (1.OA.A.2, 1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.6)
- Unit 7 Telling and Writing Time to the Hour and Half Hour (1.MD.B.3)
- Unit 8 – Graphing (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.6, 1.MD.C.4)
- Unit 9 Using Place Value to Read, Write, Represent, and Compare Numbers (1.NBT.B.2., 1.NBT.B.3)
- Unit 10 Adding Multiples of Ten (1.NBT.A.1, 1.NBT.C.4)
- Unit 11 Using Place Value to Add and Subtract Within 100 (1.NBT.C.4, 1.NBT.C.5, 1.NBT.C.6)
- Unit 12 Counting Coins
- Shapes and their Attributes (1.G.A.1, 1.G.A.2)
- Fractions/Partitioning Shapes (1.G.A.3)
Connect with me: