Are you looking for fun and engaging 1st grade math lessons for teaching 2D and 3D shapes? These 1st grade small group lesson plans will help you teach your students all about 2D shape attributes, 3D shape attributes and composing shapes! These LOW PREP 1st grade math games and worksheets will leave your students begging you for more math time!
This 1st grade 2D and 3D shapes resource includes activities, games, and lessons that are differentiated to teach your students exactly what they need to know in order to master 2D and 3D Shapes, Composing and Decomposing Shapes, and Shape Attributes in 1st Grade – 1.GA,1 and 1.GA.2! These math lessons and math activities are differentiated to teach your students exactly what they need to know in a fun and engaging way!
Included with these 2D and 3D shape attributes lessons:
- 5 daily lesson plans
- Differentiated student work mats
- Answer Key
- Differentiated independent practice pages
- Games with each lesson
- Questions to ask during lessons
- Challenges at the end of each lesson
- Differentiated 2D and 3D shape word problems to use in each lesson
You can use this pack of 1st grade math lessons to help you teach 2D shape attributes, 3D shape attributes, composing 2D shapes, and composing 3D shapes. Use them during math lessons during small group time and then spiral review them in the morning! The practice pages can be used as homework, morning work, centers, or as pre and post assessment.
❤️Your students will LOVE using the games in small group math lessons or math centers. Plus, they will gain a deeper understanding of shapes from the independent worksheets and practice pages that they can complete after the small group table to show what they know.
❤️Reasons to LOVE these 1st grade shape lessons!❤️
- They are differentiated! There are differentiated work mats, equation cards, independent practice pages and much more for 3 levels of groups.
- They are meant to be ink friendly and very low prep! Almost every page in these lessons can be printed on color paper or even just plain white paper to save on ink.
- They are teacher friendly! Prep consists of printing the lesson plan, work mats (front to back) for each group, and games. Use dry erase pocket sleeves with the work mats and laminate the games and then save these materials to use year after year!
2D and 3D Shape Lessons Include:
⭐️2D Shape Attributes
⭐️Composing and Decomposing 2D Shapes
⭐️Everyday 2D Shapes
⭐️3D Shape Attributes
⭐️Composing and Decomposing 3D Shapes
⭐️Everyday 3D Shapes
✅Check out the preview for a closer look at the 1st grade math worksheets, games and printables that are included!
✅ Try a free lesson from unit 1 here!
What are teachers saying about these 2D and 3D shapes lessons?
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These are great practice for students learning about shapes.” – Michelle I.
Want more information about these guided math lessons?
You may also like:
- Unit 1: Addition and Subtraction Strategies (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA. A. 6)
- Unit 2: The Equal Sign & Balancing Equations (1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.D.7, 1.OA.D.8)
- Unit 3 Missing Addends & Related Facts (1.OA.B.4, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6)
- Unit 4 Measurement/Ordering and Comparing Lengths (1.MD.A.1, 1.MD.A.2)
- Unit 5 Word Problems(1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6, 1.OA.D.8)
- Unit 6 Adding 3 Numbers (1.OA.A.2, 1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.6)
- Unit 7 Telling and Writing Time to the Hour and Half Hour (1.MD.B.3)
- Unit 8 – Graphing (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.6, 1.MD.C.4)
- Unit 9 Using Place Value to Read, Write, Represent, and Compare Numbers (1.NBT.B.2., 1.NBT.B.3)
- Unit 10 Adding Multiples of Ten (1.NBT.A.1, 1.NBT.C.4)
- Unit 11 Using Place Value to Add and Subtract Within 100 (1.NBT.C.4, 1.NBT.C.5, 1.NBT.C.6)
- Unit 12 Counting Coins
- Shapes and their Attributes (1.G.A.1, 1.G.A.2)
- Fractions/Partitioning Shapes (1.G.A.3)
Connect with me: