Do you need fun and engaging resources for teaching addition and subtraction within 100? These 1st grade small group activities and lesson plans will help you teach your students all about solving addition and subtraction problems within 100. These small group activities and games will leave your students begging for more math time!
This addition and subtraction within 100 resource includes math center games, activities, and lessons that are differentiated to teach your students exactly what they need to know in order to master the 1st grade common core math standards – 1.NBT.C.4, 1.NBT.C.6, and 1.NBT.C.5. Plus, you can differentiate for all of your students!
Included with these 1st grade math lessons and small group activities:
- 11 daily lesson plans
- Differentiated student work mats
- Answer Keys
- Differentiated independent practice pages
- Games with each lesson
- Questions to ask during lessons
- Challenges at the end of each lesson
- Differentiated word problems to use in each lesson
You can use this pack of 1st grade math lessons to help you teach addition and subtraction within 100 to your students. Use them during math lessons during small group time and then spiral review them in the morning! The practice pages can be used as homework, morning work, centers, or as pre and post assessment.
❤️Your students will LOVE using these 1st grade math games! Plus, they will gain a deeper understanding of adding and subtracting from the independent worksheets and practice pages that they can complete after the small group table to show what they know.
❤️Reasons to LOVE these 1st grade math center games and lessons!❤️
- They are differentiated! There are differentiated work mats, equation cards, independent practice pages and much more for 3 levels of groups.
- They are meant to be ink friendly and very low prep! Almost every page in these lessons can be printed on color paper or even just plain white paper to save on ink.
- They are teacher friendly! Prep consists of printing the lesson plan, work mats front to back for each group, and games. Use dry erase pocket sleeves with the work mats and laminate the games and then save these materials to use year after year!
1st grade math lessons include:
⭐️Find 10 more and 10 less than a number using a # chart and base ten blocks
⭐️Mentally find 10 more and 10 less than a number
⭐️Find 10 more and 10 less than a number Review
⭐️Subtract a multiple of ten from a multiple of ten with a number chart and base
⭐️Subtract multiple of ten from a multiple of ten using place value
⭐️Subtract a multiple of ten from a multiple of ten using quick pictures
⭐️Subtract a multiple of ten from a multiple of ten using mental math
⭐️Add a 2 digit number to a 1 digit number with a number chart and base ten
⭐️Add a 2 digit number to a 1 digit number using place value and quick pictures
⭐️Add a 2 digit number to a 1 digit number mentally
✅Check out the preview for a closer look at these small group activities for 1st grade math!
Want more information about these guided math lessons?
You may also like:
- Unit 1: Addition and Subtraction Strategies (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA. A. 6)
- Unit 2: The Equal Sign & Balancing Equations (1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.D.7, 1.OA.D.8)
- Unit 3 Missing Addends & Related Facts (1.OA.B.4, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6)
- Unit 4 Measurement/Ordering and Comparing Lengths (1.MD.A.1, 1.MD.A.2)
- Unit 5 Word Problems(1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6, 1.OA.D.8)
- Unit 6 Adding 3 Numbers (1.OA.A.2, 1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.6)
- Unit 7 Telling and Writing Time to the Hour and Half Hour (1.MD.B.3)
- Unit 8 – Graphing (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.6, 1.MD.C.4)
- Unit 9 Using Place Value to Read, Write, Represent, and Compare Numbers (1.NBT.B.2., 1.NBT.B.3)
- Unit 10 Adding Multiples of Ten (1.NBT.A.1, 1.NBT.C.4)
- Unit 11 Using Place Value to Add and Subtract Within 100 (1.NBT.C.4, 1.NBT.C.5, 1.NBT.C.6)
- Unit 12 Counting Coins
- Shapes and their Attributes (1.G.A.1, 1.G.A.2)
- Fractions/Partitioning Shapes (1.G.A.3)
- Year Long Bundle❤️
Connect with me: