Do you need meaningful counting coins worksheets, activities, and lessons? These 1st grade math small group activities and lesson plans will help you teach your students all about counting mixed coins and counting like coins. These LOW PREP 1st grade math games and worksheets will leave your students begging you for more math time!
This counting mixed and like coins resource includes activities, games, and lessons that are differentiated to teach your students exactly what they need to know in order to master Counting Money in 1st Grade – 1.MD.B.4 in no time! Plus, you can differentiate for all of your students with these math small group activities!
Included with these counting money lessons:
- 5 daily lesson plans
- Differentiated student work mats
- Answer Keys
- Differentiated independent practice pages
- Games with each lesson
- Questions to ask during lessons
- Challenges at the end of each lesson
- Differentiated money word problems to use in each lesson
You can use this pack of counting coins worksheets and lessons to help you teach counting like coins and counting mixed coins to your students. Use them during math lessons during small group time and then spiral review them in the morning! The practice pages can be used as homework, morning work, centers, or as pre and post assessment.
❤️Your students will LOVE using the games in small group math lessons or math centers. Plus, they will gain a deeper understanding of counting coins from the independent worksheets and practice pages that they can complete after the small group table to show what they know.
❤️Reasons to LOVE these 1st math small group activities!❤️
- They are differentiated! There are differentiated work mats, equation cards, independent practice pages and much more for 3 levels of groups.
- They are meant to be ink friendly and very low prep! Almost every page in these lessons can be printed on color paper or even just plain white paper to save on ink.
- They are teacher friendly! Prep consists of printing the lesson plan, work mats front to back for each group, and games. Use dry erase pocket sleeves with the work mats and laminate the games and then save these materials to use year after year!
1st grade Counting Coins Lessons Include:
✅Check out the preview for a closer look at the counting coins worksheets that are included!
✅ Try a free lesson from unit 1 here!
Want more information about these guided math lessons?
You may also like:
- Unit 1: Addition and Subtraction Strategies (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA. A. 6)
- Unit 2: The Equal Sign & Balancing Equations (1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.D.7, 1.OA.D.8)
- Unit 3 Missing Addends & Related Facts (1.OA.B.4, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6)
- Unit 4 Measurement/Ordering and Comparing Lengths (1.MD.A.1, 1.MD.A.2)
- Unit 5 Word Problems(1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.5, 1.OA.C.6, 1.OA.D.8)
- Unit 6 Adding 3 Numbers (1.OA.A.2, 1.OA.B.3, 1.OA.C.6)
- Unit 7 Telling and Writing Time to the Hour and Half Hour (1.MD.B.3)
- Unit 8 – Graphing (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.C.6, 1.MD.C.4)
- Unit 9 Using Place Value to Read, Write, Represent, and Compare Numbers (1.NBT.B.2., 1.NBT.B.3)
- Unit 10 Adding Multiples of Ten (1.NBT.A.1, 1.NBT.C.4)
- Unit 11 Using Place Value to Add and Subtract Within 100 (1.NBT.C.4, 1.NBT.C.5, 1.NBT.C.6)
- Unit 12 Counting Coins
- Shapes and their Attributes (1.G.A.1, 1.G.A.2)
- Fractions/Partitioning Shapes (1.G.A.3)
- Year Long Bundle
Connect with me: