Do you need fun and engaging parts of speech activities? Go on a treasure hunt, walk the plank, play pirate games and sing pirate songs all while learning about nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs in this parts of speech activities mini unit. This part of speech packet is filled with fun activities to get your little ones up and moving.
These activities will be the perfect addition to your parts of speech lessons. Use these activities and games as a whole class, in small groups or as independent work. Your students will LOVE learning the different parts of speech as they participate in these fun and engaging parts of speech activities and games.
Here is what all is included in this parts of speech activities resource:
- X marks the spot treasure hunt (whole class, small group, partners, or individual) that covers verbs, adjectives, adverbs, nouns, proper nouns, and pronouns
- Stand up stand up for the parts of speech whole class game that covers adverbs, nouns, verbs, and adjectives
- Heave ho change o flip sheet where students must rewrite a sentence by changing any common nouns to proper nouns
- Basic Parts of speech sort (nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs) with 2 corresponding sheets
- File folder game covering nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs
- Action adverbs 2 player parts of speech game
- Adjective craftivity – for students to practice using different adjectives
- 4 mini parts of speech posters with songs for noun, verb, adjective, and adverb
- Nounin’ around whole class types of nouns game
The adjective craftivity is just one of the creative ways to get students learning the various parts of speech. Young students will have a lot of fun with each interactive activity included. The best part is, each individual student will be supported with the various activities included in these parts of speech teaching resources.
Using file folders is a great way to get students working independently and gain confidence in their abilities. They are a great activity for students because they are structured and hands-on.
Help students review parts of speech in many different ways with each fun activity!
- Small groups
- Whole Class
- Literacy Centers
- Morning Work
- Early Finishers
These interactive activities are an excellent way to cement students learning. Plus, they will LOVE the pirate theme and be begging you for more grammar lessons.
Check out the preview for pictures of the parts of speech activities that are included!